Ordinary Radical
9/24/2008 01:34:00 PM | Author: Adam Hunter
So I've been reading a book called Irresistible Revolution by Shane Claiborne. I had often heard about this book from others, but I would always forget abou tit. So when I saw it at Barnes & Noble the other day, I had to pick it up.

It has been an amazing book already! The first few chapters are about Shane's search for true Christianity. Like myself and many others, he was extremely discontent with the current state of the church.

In his search, he had the privilege to work with Mother Theresa. He spent three months working with the homeless and with lepers. It was there, he claims, that he found real Christians. He looked in their eyes and saw Jesus, and others would see the same in him. That's how I want to be!

I figured in order to be like Jesus and to live like Him, I would have to read about Him. So I'm going to spend some time studying and meditating on each of the gospels. I want to learn to love and to be a real man. Jesus is the epitome of love and godly masculinity.

Anyway, Monday night was awesome at our University of Minnesota Outreach. Our director believes that God is calling us to wait right now. Wait and pray. We focused our prayers on repentance and on seeing God for how big He really is. The Spirit led me to my favorite chapter in the Bible: Isaiah 6. In this chapter, the size of God is seen. His incredible power and glory is seen. It's such an amazing passage. See for yourself!:

In the year that King Uzziah died I saw the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up; and the train of his robe filled the temple.

Above him stood the seraphim. Each had six wings: with two he covered his face, and with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew. And one called to another and said: "Holy, holy, holy is the LORD of hosts; the whole earth is full of his glory!"

And the foundations of the thresholds shook at the voice of him who called, and the house was filled with smoke.

And I said: "Woe is me! For I am lost; for I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts!"
--Isaiah 6:1-5 (ESV)


In other news, I found out yesterday that my little sister, Alycia, accepted Christ! I'm so excited about it! It amazes me to see how God can work in the life of someone so young. But He did it with me, so I guess He can do it with anyone.

Father I thank you for saving my sister and for everything you are doing in my life! Amen!
|
This entry was posted on 9/24/2008 01:34:00 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

On September 30, 2008 at 11:30 PM , Emily Makar said...

aww little alycia! that's amazing.