No Pain, No Gain
2/24/2008 03:21:00 PM | Author: Adam Hunter
Before God uses you greatly, He will hurt you deeply. --Jon Davis


Sorry for not updating in such a long time. School, friends, and being involved in campus ministries has been eating up a good chunk of my time. Plus I don't like to write just to write. I prefer to have a point to what I write.

This morning at church, Jon Davis gave an incredible message about "simple obedience" that hit me pretty hard. Some of the things he talked about reminded me of when God called me to missions, and how I just stopped where I was and followed that calling. And in the midst of doing that, God allowed me to experience a deep amount of pain. I didn't know why at first, but after hearing Jon's message this morning, I realize that it was to humble me, to make me realize that this isn't about me.

In other news, I turned 21 back on the 12th. It was a pretty good birthday. I went home the weekend before it, and my parents and some friends took me out to dinner at a Japanese steakhouse. I love those places. For my actual birthday, some friends and I went to IHOP because it was also National Pancake Day. So we got some free pancakes. It was pretty fun.

School is going okay. My accelerated Spanish class ends after this week. I'm pretty happy about that. I haven't decided if I want to take the second class or not yet though. We'll see.

In sports, the Spurs are doing pretty well right now. They traded for Kurt Thomas, which is awesome. It sucks they had to give up Brent Barry for him though. There is a chance Barry could come back to the Spurs in a month or so though because Seattle bought him out. I think the Spurs have a good chance to repeat their championship this season.

That's all for now. I hope everyone is doing well! Adios!
|
This entry was posted on 2/24/2008 03:21:00 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: