Gone
1/13/2009 04:02:00 PM | Author: Adam Hunter

Don't spend today away, cuz today will soon be gone.
--Switchfoot


One of the biggest issues I seem to struggle with is that of living in the present. I am a thinker, and my thoughts often dwell on what God is holding for my future. But I sometimes analyze it so much that I end up trying to assume God's role and micromanage my life so that I can control my future.

It's very burdensome. Actually, it's downright exhausting. I get so consumed with the future that I become paralyzed in the present. What makes matters worse is that this is a sin. Jesus directly commands against it.

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
--Matthew 6:34 (NIV)


So this is something the Lord has been working on me for awhile now. He has proven to me time and time again that He has got my future under control and that I need only to focus on today. I don't know where I am supposed to be a year from now, but I do know that I am where I'm supposed to be now, and that is what matters.
|
This entry was posted on 1/13/2009 04:02:00 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: