Resolve
1/10/2009 10:47:00 PM | Author: Adam Hunter

I'm not usually one for doing things like "New Years Resolutions", but I have decided to make a few that will help improve certain aspects of my life. So, aside from the standard "get in shape", here are my resolutions for 2009 and beyond:

1. For at least the year 2009, I am a vegetarian. Yup. I won't be eating meat this year. There are two reasons for this. First, there is a history of gastrointestinal issues on my dad's side of the family. Meat (especially processed meats) tends to be pretty rough on our digestive tracts. Secondly, Holly is also going for this goal. So it gives us something to achieve together. (cue collective "Awwwww's" from the women)

2. I am bent on becoming a more organized person. I have always been a spontaneous, last-minute type of guy, which isn't all that bad. But I've had absolutely no form of time-management in my life. So I'm now using a planner. I'm also going to attempt to keep my room relatively clean. We'll see how well this goes. I'm going to need God's grace on this one.

3. I want to have the entire book of John memorized by the end of this year. This is going to be extremely tough, but I think it is a challenge that I am up to.

4. I want my life to become a life of prayer and fasting. I want to usher in the return of the Lord like John the Baptist ushered in His first coming.

5. I want to love God more at the end of the year than I do now.


So there ya have it. Pray for me!
|
This entry was posted on 1/10/2009 10:47:00 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

On January 11, 2009 at 8:15 PM , Ames said...

Awww...[I had to add my girl aww for you and Holly not eating meat together! :)] great goals Adam! It's super cool that you're memorizing John!! I LOVE that book! I want to memorize all of Romans soon! (I have 12-14 now a little rusty...) Memorizing scripture is so great, it goes deep, and you find yourself using it all the time talking to people! I'll be praying for you this year bro!

 
On January 11, 2009 at 10:38 PM , Holly Hunter said...

I'm so proud of you Adam, seriously. You really amaze me, and I am proud to call you my boyfriend. I like you.




(And, you're so sweet Amy)